Saturday, August 22, 2009

Another book blog to check out

Did you know that "What is Cam Reading?" is a play on the name of Yann Martel's blog? It's true! Did you also know that titles can't be copyrighted, so even if I wanted to call my blog Life of Pi nobody could do a damn thing about it.

It was my brother, a librarian, who introduced me to Yann Martel's blog, What is Stephen Harper Reading? Yann Martel introduces the blog by vowing to mail the Prime Minister a book every two weeks "that has been known to expand stillness" along with a letter introducing it. He often asks Stephen Harper for feedback on the books but sadly he receives few replies.

It's a really funny blog. You ought to check it out: www.whatisstephenharperreading.ca

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling Cam, you have yet to tell us what you are reading at the moment...
    Wasn't that the title of the blog? I feel mislead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam,

    I'm glad to hear I've inspired you; however, I must second Amanda's comment and demand that you share the promised information. The current situation is nearly as bad as claiming to be an inspired library school student when in fact you are no longer a student at all and only occasionally inspired.

    Love,
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good. This was the same observation I made in my first comment -- but I deleted it because I was intoxicated at the time and was suddenly convinced I was misunderstanding the situation!

    Vindication of my drunken self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yann Martel's blog IS something I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete