Saturday, August 22, 2009

The time joblessness leaves for reading

Not having a steady job, my days are full of spare time. Last Saturday I watched a computer generated walrus fork a polar bear with its tusks on YouTube and I realized two things, not at once but consecutively: first, I had finished watching every episode of Animal Face-Off, which was crushing enough. But second and more importantly, I had wasted time I could have spent reading.

So, I'm starting a blog about books I'm reading because it will be fun and also motivational. If I go weeks without updating it please send me an email to ask why I've stopped reading. I'm probably halfway through a TV series online and in need of encouragement.

Your friend in literacy, Cam

PS: No offense to Animal Face-Off. That show is both awesome and educational and it's even accessible to kids much younger than myself. If you'd like to watch an episode I particularly recommend Anaconda vs. Jaguar.

No comments:

Post a Comment